Chronic Disease is an epidemic going on in the US and many other countries.
What is of serious concern is that it has been trending upward and is going to continue that trend if something is not done to stop the trend and reverse it.
- The number of people with Chronic Disease is expected to increase to an estimated 171 million chronically ill people by 2030… just 14 years from now!
- Currently at least 80 percent of people over the age of 65 are living with a Chronic Disease. Of those 80 percent; one-half have 2 or more Chronic Diseases.
- Chronic Diseases are a major factor in rising health care costs. In addition to health care costs; Chronic Disease is a burden on the economy in lost productivity.
The Chronic Disease Trend is going up and up! Yet, people are living longer and longer! What’s wrong with this picture?
- Are people living longer because they have access to better health care?
- Are people living longer because they have access to an abundance of good food?
- Are people living longer because infectious diseases are more controlled?
- Are people living longer because they are healthier than previous generations?
There are many questions to consider when looking for solutions to the upward trend of Chronic Diseases along with the upward trend of living longer!
According to the US National Center for Health Statistics; Chronic Disease is a disease that lasts 3 months or more.
There’s a long list of known common Chronic Diseases. It seems to me that I am constantly hearing of a disease I’ve never heard of before. Many Chronic Diseases are also considered Auto-Immune Diseases and/or Auto-inflammatory Diseases.
- Coronary heart disease
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Crohn’s Disease
- Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
- Chronic Pain Syndromes
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Kidney Disease
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Apnea
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Diet, food choices, weight management, and activity level are things to consider.
- We are generally overfed yet undernourished. Nutrient deficiencies are abundant and the leading cause of Chronic Disease. What are we missing?
- The major nutrient deficiencies are in whole grains, fish, fruits, and vegetables.
Whole Grains have basically been absent from our diet for years!
Fish – Omega-3’s – Putting the “Heal” in ‘Healthy!’
Colorful fruits and veggies in the Carotenoid Family are known as Protector Nutrients…
Are you protecting yourself from Chronic Disease?
(Be sure to check out my next blog for more about Chronic Disease… coming soon!)
Save 25% by joining the NeoLife Club…
Have a happy, healthy, low Chronic Disease year!
presented by Pat Moon
Dedicated to equip you to Feel Great, Look Radiant, and Live Healthy
Over 30 years of experience with NeoLife/GNLD Health and Nutrition Company
Offering solutions to fighting disease at the core!
Galatians 5:22-23 – But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
(All information on this blog site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Information on this site has not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration.)
Copyright© 2016 Pat Moon – All Rights Reserved!